Imagine being seen, heard and understood without judgment or criticism.
Psychotherapy is a healing experience because it provides you the opportunity to share your most private thoughts and feelings, safely, and without risk. In this way you get to know yourself more deeply.
If you are stressed, sad, anxious or angry, have low self-esteem, or suffer from PTSD, phobias, or panic attacks, I have the skills and experience to help you heal. Together we can heal old wounds and identify negative and limiting beliefs that are holding you back and preventing you from being happy, productive and successful. You will develop a more positive and optimistic perspective and an overall sense of well-being. Then you can be comfortable with how you choose to live your life.
This is a very exciting time to be a therapist as we are learning so much from neuroscience about how emotions affect our behavior, how they are stored in the body, and how negative emotions can be healed. So in my work, in addition to traditional approaches, I utilize techniques that focus on the relationship and the feedback mechanisms between the mind and the body in order to promote deeper and more complete healing.
My goal is to offer a safe space that is non-judgmental, welcoming and warm. Most importantly, I listen without judgment and my attention is focused solely on you.
• Learn How To Manage and Reduce Stress, Anxiety, Depression, and Anger
• Heal Trauma
• Transform Patterns of Behavior That Contribute To Confusion, Tension, and Conflict
• Improve Self-Esteem
• Experience the Joy of Living Your Life More Fully
Sessions are 60 minutes. 90 minutes are available upon request.
Children and Adolescents
- I make strong connections with children and adolescents because I am able to speak their language and meet them at their level.
- I help adolescents identify negative beliefs that influence how they think, feel and behave, and then work with them to develop positive beliefs about themselves.
- I also teach them to recognize how emotions manifest in their body so that they can slow down their reactivity and gain insight.
- With children I utilize art, play, sandtray, and cognitive behavioral therapy.
- Play frees children to express emotions and fears that they may not be ready to express verbally.
- Through play and talk, I help children to develop their competence and self esteem.
Couples and Families
- I help couples and families recognize patterns of behavior that contribute to misunderstanding, tension and conflict.
- As you learn what motivates these patterns, you begin to hear each other with a greater sense of understanding.
- You begin to know each other more deeply and gain clarity on how you would like to proceed.
- Learn how to manage and reduce stress, anxiety, depression and anger, heal trauma, and transform patterns of behavior that contribute to misunderstanding, tension and conflict.
- Learn how emotional reactions express themselves in the body, and how to pay attention to whatever is happening in the moment without judgment, as a means to reduce stress, anxiety and depression.
- Anxiety and OCD
- Low Self Esteem
- Relationship Issues
- Mindful Eating and Weight Loss
Modes of Treatment
- Relational Psychotherapy >>
- Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy >>
- Family Therapy
- Mindfulness >>
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy >>
- DBT Skills Training >>
- Emotional Freedom technique
- Somatic Experiencing >> and Brainspotting- modalities that heal trauma.
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction >>
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction.
- See mindfulness tab for details.
Sliding Scale: $30 – $150.
Sessions are 60 minutes. Ninety minutes available upon request.